Are you looking for skin rejuvenation, but want to avoid harsh chemicals and invasive procedures? At UniMed Center in East Brunswick, New Jersey, we’ve got just the thing for you. Aquafacials are a gentle yet effective method of revitalizing your skin. It’s one of the most popular types of facials requested by our clients.
What Is an Aquafacial?
You’ve probably heard of hydrafacials, which are a nourishing method of cleansing your skin, extracting impurities and dead skin cells, and leaving your face properly hydrated with serums designed to make your skin glow. It accomplishes this using a patented tool that uses water pressure to gently exfoliate skin, while a suctioning component simultaneously vacuums up water and debris.
The aquafacial we use at UniMed Center is an advanced form of a hydrafacial. It’s a multistep treatment that revitalizes your skin, helps prevent further damage, and leaves it nourished and healthy.
What Aquafacials Treat
Our patients who choose an aquafacial do so to treat the following skin conditions:
- Large pores
- Blackheads, whiteheads, and clogged pores
- Dull skin color
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Saggy skin
- Dry skin
- Hollowed cheeks
- Uneven skin tone and texture
- Sun spots and other sun damage
- Acne scars
How Aquafacials Work
Aquafacials beautify the skin on multiple fronts, including by doing the following:
- Exfoliation (removes dead and damaged cells from the skin’s surface)
- Extraction of impurities, such as oil, sweat, and dirt
- Polishing of the skin for added vibrancy
- Hydration of the skin to restore volume to your face
- Moisturization to heal and protect the skin
- Unclogging pores
- Restoring a natural balance to your skin tone and texture
- Encouraging cellular turnover, resulting in brighter, smoother, and tighter skin
- Adding a lift and firmness around the eyes and lips
What to Expect
An aquafacial is a noninvasive, entirely painless procedure. There is no downtime afterward, and you won’t be left with blotchy skin or redness after your appointment. The effects of an aquafacial treatment at UniMed Center are immediate. Best of all, aquafacials are great for all skin types. Everyone – men and women alike – can benefit from an aquafacial.
Here are some tips to help you get the most out of your aquafacial appointment with us:
Arrive for your appointment without makeup or other skin care products on your face.
- We will assess the current condition of your skin and listen to your skin care concerns. This helps us customize your treatment, so you get exactly the type of facial your skin needs.
- Your treatment will begin with deep exfoliation and extraction using a targeted but gentle microstream of water. This removes dead skin cells on the surface of your skin, as well as dirt, oil, and other substances from deep inside your pores. The procedure is not messy – a component of the aquafacial device is designed to efficiently suction dirt, debris, and water throughout the procedure.
- At the end of the treatment, a customized serum is applied to your skin, which includes antioxidants and anti-aging substances designed to quickly and deeply penetrate into your skin to heal it.
You will leave our office feeling refreshed and your skin revitalized after every aquafacial.
Aquafacial Treatment in East Brunswick, NJ
Are you interested in exploring how an aquafacial can brighten up your appearance? Call UniMed Center at (732) 828-9988 to get started – or simply request your appointment now.