Bin Yang, MD, MRO, MPH, MS
Occupational Health & Preventive Medicine Physician in East Brunswick, NJ
Dr. Bin Yang is a preventive medicine physician most active in the field of occupational health. He specializes in providing wellness services and managing illness, injury, or disability related to the workplace.
Originally from China, Dr. Yang completed his medical degree in preventive medicine at Guangdong Medical and Pharmaceutical College in China. He then moved to the United States, where he first obtained a master’s degree in medical microbiology at Long Island University before completing a psychiatry residency program with the Department of Psychiatry at Maimonides Medical Center in New York.
Following his residency, Dr. Yang completed his master’s degree in public health at the University of Utah, where he redirected his medical focus and did a second residency program in occupational medicine, also through the University of Utah.
Dr. Yang is a certified medical review officer (MRO) and a designated agency medical officer, distinctions that allow him to promote health services within many successful corporations. He is a member of the Physical Standards Board, the Workers’ Compensation Review Board and the New Jersey VA Health Care System.
Dr. Yang is dedicated to improving personal health and professional wellness by introducing preventive health services into occupational settings. He works closely with Dr. Liu to create customized health and wellness plans that address many of the fundamental causes of physical and mental illness.
Professional Memberships and Associations
- American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine (ACOEM)
- National Directory of Currently Certified Medical Review Officers (MROs) of the MROCC, MROs in Good Standing of the American Association of Medical Review Officers (AAMRO)
- VHA National Medical Review Officers (MROs)
- VHA National Occupational Health Clinicians
- New York / New Jersey Veterans Healthcare Network (VISN3), Occupational Health Committee/Council, chair
- VA New Jersey Health Care System
- Integrative Medicine Committee
- Physical Standards Board
- Workers’ Compensation Accident Review Board
Schedule an Appointment with Dr. Bin Yang
Schedule your appointment with Dr. Bin Yang by calling UniMed Center at (732) 828-9988 or use our convenient online appointment request form.
Bin Yang, MD, MRO, MPH, MS.
Specialized in Preventive and Occupational Medicine
Certified Medical Review Officer
Master of Science Degree in Microbiology
Master's Degree in Public Health